The Nigerian government says social media platform, Twitter has agreed to all the conditions laid out regarding its operations in Nigeria.
The Minister of State for Labour and Employment Barr. Festus Keyamo announced this on a Channels Television program Sunday Politics.
The minister, who is also a member of a committee, set up to review the operations of the platform since its ban on June 4, said the committee has so far made significant progress.
Recalls that Information, Culture and Tourism Minister Lai Mohammed announced the ban.
Lai said, “The reason the president took that step is to recalibrate our relationship with Twitter and not to drive them away from our country.’’
He went on: “That recalibration, we have started it and the President graciously added me to the committee.
“We also set up a technical committee to interface with Twitter and come up with a lot of conditions for them to fulfill for us to lift the suspension.
“It was Twitter that reached out to the Federal Government to say they want to know what and what they can do to straighten up the relationship with the Federal Government and so, we have gone far but I may not, at this forum, let out a lot but we gave them a lot of conditions and they have agreed to all the conditions.”